Discount CardStock Paper Sizing Information
It's important when choosing paper, card stock, and envelopes to make sure you get compatible sizes. If you are working on a project that will involve inserting it in an envelope, we recommend choosing your envelope size first. This will help you avoid having to cut things down later, or simply not having something fit together. At the bottom of the page is a chart that will be helpful in choosing your envelope size and knowing what size card stock or paper can be inserted in the envelope.
If you need a paper size or card stock size that is not standard, be assured, that we can cut our card stock and paper to your custom size.
Popular Card Stock and Paper sizes
- 8.5x11 inches - Letter size: This would be the most common size in the United states. It is used for letterhead, copy paper, flyers, school work, and the list could on and on. It is close in size, but it is not the exact same as A4 paper which measures 8.27 × 11.69 inches.
- 8.5x14 inches - Legal size: At CutCardStock we find that many of our customers use this stock for folded brochures and church bulletins. This size stock when scored and folded makes a nice booklet brochure that measures 7" x 8.5". This size has some limits to what is available in different colors and weights, but here at CutCardStock, we can cut any of our 11x17 and 12x18 paper down to the legal size for our customers.
- 11x17 inches - Ledger or Tabloid size: This larger format when scored once in the middle and folded will make an 8.5x11 inch folded booklet or program. 11x7 discount card stock is also good for poster printing when you need something larger than letter size. If you are planning to print on 11x17 card stock paper, you may want to check your printer specs to be sure that it will handle this size. Most home printers are not set up to print this size paper.
- 12x18 inches - Digital format: The 12x18 size card stock and paper is often used for digital printing that will allow for two 8.5x11 sheets on each 12x18 sheet, this format allows for the 8.5x11 to have a full bleed to the edges and then the stock can be cut down to the needed size.
- 12x12 inches: This size is most often found in card stock and is often used for different paper crafting techniques such as scrapbook work and die cutting.
- A1 FLAT - 3.5 x 4.875 inches: Our A1 Flat cards are the same size as 4 Bar (baronial cards). Here at CutCardStock, we offer both flat and folded A1 cards. The Flat A1 or 4 bar cards that measure 3.5 x 4.875 inches are often used for wedding invitation inserts such as RSVP cards, direction cards, and reception cards. Keep in mind that some printers do not like to print on these individual cards, they would rather print 2-4 cards on an 8.5 x 11 card stock and then cut the cards down after printing. Please test print or talk with your printer on your best option for printing your own RSVP Cards.
- A1 FOLDED 4.875 x 7 folding to 3.5 x 4.875 inches - Thank you cards and DIY party invites will be easy to create with this blank card stock that will arrive to you measuring 4.875 x 7 inches with a score line in the middle making them easy to print or embellish first and then fold into your card. All our A1 cards whether folded or flat are created to perfectly fit into an A1 or 4 bar envelope.
- A2 FLAT 4.25 x 5.5 inches - These A2 flat cards are great for response cards, RSVP Postcards, invitation inserts, small announcements and card making layers. The A-2 flat cards are the same size as 5-1/2 bar cards and both enclose flawlessly in either an A-2 or 5-1/2 baronial envelope.
- A2 FOLDED 5.5x8.5 folding to 4.25 x 5.5 inches - These favored note cards are used for party invitations, baby announcements, thank you cards, and card making. These are a much sought after for card making. They pair perfectly with our A2 and 5-1/2 bar envelopes. All the blank A2 folded notecards that we make in house ship flat with a score line, allowing them to be folded after they have been printed or handcrafted.
- 4x6 inch Card Stock - This is a very popular sized card stock for post cards, save the date announcements and pocket scrapbooking. These will fit nicely into an A4 envelope and will also fit in an A6 Envelope.
- A6 FLAT 4.5 x 6.25 inches - Party invitations, Save the Dates. and invitation inserts are the popular uses of the invitation size. Mounting a 4x6 photo on this card also works well. These A6 Flat cards are also called 6 bar cards and will fit perfectly into an A6 or 6 baronial envelope.
- A6 FOLDED 6.25 x 9 inches folds to 4.5x6.25 inches - Photo greeting cards turn out great with this card that can be layered or printed with a 4x6 photo. These blank folded cards are also great for those who make their own Christmas cards. CutCardStock's blank A6 folded cards pair nicely with an A-6 Envelope.
- 6x6 card stock and paper - 6x6 card stock is often used for unique square invitations and also used for layering in scrapbooking and card making. 6x6 card stock that is adorned with a pattern has a smaller pattern than its sister 12x12 patterned card stock, making it a popular choice among scrapbookers and card makers. 6x6 Card stock used in invitation making will fit into a 6.5 inch square envelope.
- A7 Flat 5x7 inches or Lee Flat 5-1/8 x 7 inches - 5x7 inch card stock is the most sought after card stock for DIY invitations. Both the Lee and A7 Flat cards have a generous surface space for printing wedding invitations. Both fit perfectly into an A-7 or a Lee Envelope, both which are sized at 5.25 x 7.25 inches.
- A7 Folded Cards 7 x 10 inches folding to 5x7 inches - DIY Greeting cards, Holiday cards, and programs are popular items that are crafted using these blank 5x7 folded cards. Enclose them in an A7 or Lee Envelope to complete your ensemble.
- A9 FLAT 5.5 x 8.5 inches - Formal Invitations, programs, and wedding menus are often printed on A-9 Flat cards. These are formed from cutting an 8.5 x 11 sheet in half resulting in two A-9 flat card invitations. Enclose your A-9 DIY invitation in an coordinating A-9 envelope for mailing.
- A9 FOLDED 8.5x11 inches folds to 5.5x8.5 inches - Church bulletins, graduation programs, DIY Greeting cards, school programs and real estate brochures. print nicely on these A-9 folded cards. These are shipped out flat with a score line in the middle, making them easy to print on almost any printer. If you need to mail these, they can be enclosed in an A-9 envelope.
Handy Envelope and insert Size Chart
|Type||Envelope Size||Enclosed Size|
|A1 (4 Bar)||3.625" x 5.125"||
3.475" x 4.874"
3" x 5"
|A2 (5 1/2 Bar)||4.375" x 5.75"||4.25" x 5.5"|
|A4||4.25" x 6.25"||4" x 6"|
|A6 (6 Bar)||4.75" x 6.5"||
4.625" x 6.25"
4.5" x 6.25"
|A7 (Lee)||5.25" x 7.25"||
5" x 7"
5.125" x 7"
|A8||5.5" x 8.125"||5.125" x 7.75"|
|A9||5.75" x 8.75"||5.5" x 8.5"|
|No. 10||4.125" x 9.5"||4" x 9.25"|