Hi there! Hannah here from Fanciful Spaces! Remember me? I’m the wreath lover, you might be over all the wreaths I make, but I’m not! Haha!
Using the same style wire wreath frame as the 4th of July wreath, I decided to go minimalistic for a fall-themed wreath.
I used The Crafter’s Workshop Tacky when Dry adhesive to glue these Gilding Flakes.
Inspired by the Native American Indian’s Dream Catchers I wove some invisible thread in the center of my wireframe after my Gilding Flakes adhered. I’m not going to lie, this was hard, in large part due to the “invisiblity” and fineness of the thread I was using.
I made many false attempts, but then I realized that since no one would really see this, it didn’t matter how it looked. This gave me the freedom to embrace the organic nature of fall and also helped me step away from directly stealing Dream Catcher designs.
Once my first “layer” of the invisible thread was woven onto my frame I came in with a second layer. This time I incorporated beads and sequins to the string, giving the center something fun, delightful, and unexpected.
I’ve carried these beads with me for probably 15 years now, they’ve crisscrossed the country with me multiple times in my various moves. Being a remnant of my jewelry making days, I loved them so much that I held onto them in case I could ever use them again. Guess what? It paid off!
Finally, I created my leaves. I loved the shimmer of the Stardream Metallic Card Stock, in Gold and Flame! Even though I used this cardstock I discovered that it didn’t want to immediately hold onto the ink I was using, to compensate I roughed up my cardstock with some sandpaper. The result was grooves where the ink held, reminiscent of the delicate veins on leaves.
You can watch how I created these leaves here:
I thank you SO much for watching and sincerely hope that I have inspired you! Please make sure to visit the Cut Cardstock Instagram account for more inspiration, consider following us as we’re always posting a lovely variety of inspirational projects!
The products I used for this project were:
Stardream Metallic Cardstock in Gold
Stardream Metallic Cardstock in Flame
Discount Cardstock in Pearl Textured Green Curry
Discount Cardstock in Twine
Wire Wreath Frame
Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes in Mulled Wine
Altenew Inks in Espresso, Ruby Red, and Firebrick
The Crafter’s Workshop Tacky when Dry
A variety of beads and sequins