Good morning! Jamie back today sharing an easy back to school gift for the Teachers! I am using the Neenah Classic Linen Duplex 120# - Patriot Blue | Solar White Cardstock for the mug base. This cardstock is thick and really sturdy. I love how deep the blue color is and that it is white on the opposite side...perfect for mug making I must say! :) I am also using the Stardream Metallic Gold Cardstock to give it some shimmer and the Basis Red Cardstock for the Teacher stitching backing.
Here's how I created it...
1. Cut out the Teacher Stitching Template
2. Thread your needle with Solid Marigold Twine and begin stitching through the holes.
3. Continue stitching until you have completed all the letters.
5. You can stop once you get to the end and your template should look like this...
6. Or you can continue stitching back through the template covering the areas you didn't stitch before and have this result.
7. Set your Teacher piece aside and cut the Mug pieces with your digital die cut machine.
8. Add adhesive to the tab area of the mug and join the ends.
9. Place adhesive around the edges of one of the circles.
10. Press the circle (adhesive side down) into the cylinder.
11. Flip your mug over and adhere the little tabs.
12. Cover the back of the remaining circle with adhesive.
13. Adhere the circle on the bottom of the mug to cover the tabs.
14. Place the small strip in the center of the handle.
15. Insert the handle into the mug wrap piece then place adhesive on the back and begin adhering it to the mug.
16. At the end, place strong adhesive then adhere the remaining wrap to the mug.
17. Adhere the Teacher stitching to the mug with foam adhesive and fill with your items!
Twine: Solid Marigold (The Twinery)
Be sure to keep an eye on the blog for more Back to School inspiration from the Design Team!