I dont know about you guys, but I am LOVING the new, nautical trend. It inspired me to make something a little different with this Petal Card. I turned it into an envelope that is perfect for a small gift, some candy bars or a card!
Here is what you need to make this project:
(And where I got my supplies from)
Cutcardstock.com White Petal Card
Polka dot patterned paper (PTI)
Navy polka dot ribbon ( May Arts)
Nautical stamps ( Wilson Designs-Nauti-Cool)
Yellow and black ink (SU)
Navy blue cardstock (Cutcardstock.com)
Brown bag cardstock (Cutcardstock.com)
Scrap of paper or cardstock
Paper cutter or ruler and scissors
- Open petal card and fold the two sides in.
- Glue the bottom flap of the card to the two sides.
- Stamp the sun onto the bottom flap using the scrap of paper or cardstock to keep the ink from getting onto the side flap.
- Cut a 8 ½ x 11 strip of navy cardstock that is 1 ½ inches wide.
- Using the pinking shears trim a small edge off the strip to make the pattern.
- Wrap strip around the card and adhere with the glue roller.
- Stamp ship sails onto card base and paper piece the sails using the foam tape for dimension.
- Stamp ship bottom, cut out and adhere using the foam tape.
- Attach pattern paper to the top flap using the glue roller and trim around flap.
- Using the repositionable adhesive, glue and close the flap.
- Tie a ribbon bow and glue to the flap using the hot glue.
- Glue on the anchor button.
- Fill with goodies!
Hope you give it a try!