Hello and welcome to the CutCardStock Blog! It's Gloria with you today. Welcome to Day 6 of our Holiday Countdown Series! We want to inspire you with quick and easy gifts that you can put together at the last minute!
I always want to keep a few gift cards on hand, just in case I need a last minute gift. However, sometimes I just don't manage to do that! Giving cash or a check seems so impersonal to me, but if I dress up "cold hard cash" with a pretty wrapper, it makes me feel better!
I created this easy-to-make money wallet from cardstock and some bits of Christmas-themed scrapbook paper. It is the perfect size to hold money, checks, gift certificates, or even gift coupons!
1. Start by cutting Esse Pearl Smooth White Cardstock to 8 1/4" x 7" and scoring on the long side at 3" and 6".
2. Rotate the cardstock, making sure the score lines are horizontal. Use an envelope making tool (We R Memory Keepers) to cut a notch in the paper by placing the left edge of the paper at the 3 1/2" mark on the envelope guide. Punch the notch.
3. Flip the paper over to the "wrong" side and slide the paper to the right so that the left edge is centered at the punch mechanism. Punch another notch.
4. Use a paper trimmer to trim the small section of paper from the center notch to the straight edge as shown. Fold on the score lines.
5. Select four coordinating papers. (If you are not a scrapbooker or cardmaker, you may use Christmas wrapping paper to decorate your wallet.) Trim two pieces of print #1 decorative paper to 2 7/8" x 6 7/8". Attach each piece to the center area, between the folds, one on each side of the cardstock.
6. Place Scor-tape on the bottom section, on the left and right edges. Fold and secure to create a pocket.
7. Trim a piece of print #2 decorative paper to 2 1/8" x 6 7/8" and follow Steps 2-4 above to shape the paper for the pocket.
8. Attach the decorative paper to the pocket. Cut a another piece of print #2 decorative paper to 2 7/8" x 6 7/8" and attach to the top section of the wallet.
9. Use circle dies or punches to cut two decorative elements from printed paper. Cut circle mats from Esse Pearl Smooth White Cardstock and Jupiter Stardream Metallic Cardstock.
10. Attach the circle embellishments s as shown.
11. Cut print #3 decorative paper to 2 7/8" x 6 7/8" and attach the paper to the front of the wallet.
12. Create a belly band for your wallet. (This step is optional.) Cut Esse Pearl Smooth White cardstock to 1 1/8" x 7". Cut print #4 decorative paper 1" x 6 7/8" and attach to the cardstock strip. Wrap the strip around the wallet and secure together.
13. Mat a coordinating cardstock sticker with Esse cardstock and attach to the seam area of the belly band with foam squares.
14. Create a matching envelope for your wallet.
15. Score a White Pearl A7 Classic Pearl Linen Envelope at 3 1/2" from the edge of the envelope flap.
16. Fold on the new score line to create a 4" x 7 1/4" envelope. Attach a decorative paper strip to cover the original score line.
17. Mat a coordinating cardstock sticker with Esse cardstock and attach to the center of the envelope with foam squares.
18. Cut another decorative circle and attach to the lower left corner of the envelope front.
19. Stuff your wallet with cash!
Thanks for looking!
~ Gloria Stengel: Scraps of Life
CutCardStock Supplies Used: