Being an avid card maker, I tend to buy envelopes when they are on sale so I always have a bunch sitting around. Cut Card Stock has such beautiful options and I love working with them. Finding new uses for them is great and economical as I probably will never create enough cards for all the envelopes I have.
Today I'm sharing a tutorial on how to turn an envelope into a bag. It sounds nearly impossible but it is far from it. Look at these cuties.
Would you believe they came from the envelope below?
First, buy some beautiful envelopes from CutCardStock.com, such as Curious Metallics A6 Envelopes in Galvanised or by chance, locate some around the house.
- Open the flap
- Fold in the two sides
- Fold up the bottom, the same width as the sides. For example, here I folded the sides and bottom 1".
- Next, take some gentle finessing to open the envelope and begin to work one side into a flat flap as seen here.
- Then work the other side. Using a bone folder will help get the point of the flap to cooperate.
- Adhere the flaps to the bottom using Glue Dots. Your box should be able to stand now. If not, work the creases until they really hold their shape.
- Cut/emboss the following die templates from Neenah Classic Linen Solar White and Basis Magenta 80# Cover: S4-137 Classic Scalloped Hearts and S4-136 Classic Hearts, S4-301 Labels 16, S5-043 Fleur de Lis Motifs Layer them in fun way to make three medallions for three gift boxes.
- Adhere them using 3D adhesives for depth and then add them to the front of the boxes.
- Embellish with grosgrain ribbon.
- In order to close these darling trinket holders, push the center fold of the side "in" and pinch the envelope near the top. Fold the flap down to close the box. Now, it makes a triangle if you look at the side. Holding the flap and side, punch a hole through three layers. Repeat for the second side.
- Add treats to the holder. Tie a ribbon through the holes, and give to friends.
Fun, fun fun!!! Happy Valentine's Day! Eli
Papers Basis Magenta 80# Cover, Neenah Classic Linen Solar White, Curious Metallics A6 Envelope in Galvanised (CutCardStock.com)
Tools Grand Calibur cutting and embossing system, S4-137 Classic Scalloped and S4-136 Classic Hearts, S4-301 Labels 16, S5-043 Fleur de Lis Motifs (Spellbinders), Bone folder
Embellishments Pink Ribbon (Creative Impressions)
Adhesives Glue Dots (Glue Dots), PVA Glue