Today we are flashing back to one of our favorite past projects. Jamie is sharing how to turn an envelope into a gift bag!
For this project I am using the 111# Curious Metallic Red Lacquer Card Stock along with a BROWN BAG Kraft Square flap A7 Envelope and my digital die cutting machine!
Here is the tutorial:
1. Grab your BROWN BAG Kraft Square flap A7 Envelope.
2. Use a letter opener or table knife to open the adhered ends. It is okay if they are a little rough looking, we will be putting them back together.
3. Cut off one side of your envelope as shown.
4. Open your software and import in your cut that you want on the front of your gift bag. I am using the rose from the 3D Floral Gable Box.
5. Place your envelope on your cutting mat so that the large area will receive the cut and then cut the image out.
6. Your pieces should look like this now.
7. Ink the rose circle.
8. Cut a strip of the 111# Curious Metallic Red Lacquer Card Stock to cover the inside opening and adhere it in place. This will be the background for the cut.
9. Place adhesive on the back of your cut piece.
10. Adhere your circle back in place.
11. Place adhesive on the bottom tab of the envelope. Adhere one side down.
12. Lick the sealer end (or place adhesive on it) and adhere it in place.
13. Your envelope is now a bag.
14. Tie a piece of white satin ribbon around the bag to embellish.
15. Cut a 1" strip of coordinating pattern paper and punch with a decorative border. Trim to the width of your bag.
16. Adhere the border in place on the front lip of the bag.
17. Fill your bag with goodies! I am gifting nine Distress Markers in mine!