Hello, hello! It's Lisa Lahiff here with you today and I have a bright, bold and fun wedding favor that takes only a matter of minutes to make! And when you are a bride with a mile long list, every minute counts! So let's jump in on how you can make these favors yourself...
1. Start by choosing your colors of card stock. I created my boxes using Pop Tones Card stock for several reasons. One is that the weight of this particular card stock (65 lb) is perfect for scoring and folding along those curved lines. I also like this card stock, because it comes in so many colors. As it is summer time I chose a bright and bold wedding color combo, and I LOVE it! (Don't know what colors would match yours? Don't worry there is a sample pack for you to make your own color swatch with!) Here are the colors I am working with:
2. Trim card stock into 4" x 6" panels.
3. For my pillow boxes I used the We R Memory Keepers Pillow Box Board which has the punch you need for the tops as well as the areas for you to score your boxes. There are several ways to create pillow boxes: you could use a template, a die cut or possibly even a cutting machine. I just found my board works best for me.
4. I then trimmed the 1/4" curve off the top and bottom of the little flap piece and added double sided adhesive along the one side.
5. Remove backing to your adhesive and adhere the flap to the inside part of your box, as shown below. Using the scored curve lines fold the ends in, one at a time. ( Tip: for a nice cohesive look make sure whatever curve you fold in first on the one side you fold the same one in on the other side)
6. Add your ribbon to keep your box closed. Nothing too fancy on mine, just a double knot, but you can tie a box, use two ribbons, do whatever you want to make this project your own.
7. (Optional) I just added some leafy embellishments in white to dress my boxes up a little more, but there are so many ways you could personalize them, and make them fit your theme.
Thanks so much for stopping by and happy crafting!!!