Why not protect these sheets (and be able to access them easily) with some pouches that can hang in a common area like your family room or play room.
What you'll need:
- Custom die-line (included in blog)
- CutCardStock 12" x 12" Crystal (or other color of choice) Metallic Cover weight stock
- Spray Mount and glue
- Exacto Blade
- Paper, vinyl or adhesive letters
- Embellishments of choice
- Round corner tool (optional)
1. Download the pocket die-line using this link.
2. Output the die and mount to the Metallic cover stock and trim out carefully with an exacto blade.
3. Trim a square from the 12" x 12" stock that is 8.75" x 11.5" (this is important because MOST homework assignments, etc. will be standard letter size, so you want to make sure your pocket is large enough to hold to sheets) 11" x 17" stock will work as well.
4. Score the pocket and glue it to your square sheet. You can use a bone folder for this or if you don't have one, go ahead and use the BACK or opposite side of your exacto blade!
|Fold your flaps with the paper side facing you so that the outside of the pocket has the crystal metallic exposed. Make certain that you ONLY glue the flaps. If you do this in a messy way, your papers will not neatly slide inside this pocket!|
|I go ahead and mount to the pocket to my full sized 12" x 12" sheet and trim later. One less measurement I have to make! Just a shortcut for you.|
5. Begin to embellish with the name of what will go inside and other decor. Add a drill hole at the top for easy hanging and you are done! A nice finishing touch for this is to round corner the edges.
Note: A magnet strip is also nice if you want to stick to the refrigerator, but careful about how many sheets you slip in because it will fall with that kind of hanging mechanism.
Start organizing those papers and have great weeks!
Cut Card Stock materials used in this project:
Design Team Member - Winter/Spring 2014 Term