Okay, so I know Spring isn't here yet - but I am convinced that the more I talk about it, the faster it will get to me! Jamie back with you and today I am sharing a flower that you can create with or without a digital die cutting machine!
Here's what you will need to get started:
Skewer (or pencil)
Follow these manual instructions:
For each flower you will need the following:
- 4-1/2" x 4-1/2" Square in Green for the Stem
- Two oval pieces approximately 3-1/4" x 1/2" for the leaves
- 1-3/4" x 10-1/4" strip of colored paper for the flower (this folds (lightly) in half longways and will then need 24 slices placed in it along the fold)
Here is the tutorial:
1. Begin with your stem. Grab you square piece of paper , place a glue dot in one corner and in the opposite corner, place your skewer in and begin rolling tightly.
2. Your stem piece should look like this now. Secure the stem corner with a small piece of tape and remove your skewer.
3. Next grab your flower cut. Place a long strip of adhesive along the inside bottom (straight) edge.
4. Bend the paper over to match the straight edges and begin adhering the pieces together as shown.
5. Press firmly on the adhesive to secure the pieces.
6. Place another long strip of adhesive along the straight edge (this will adhere to our stem).
7. Cut off one end of the stem so that it is even.
8. Place your stem one tab in and adhere in place.
9. Begin rolling your paper around your stem.
10. As you roll, angle the paper so it travels down your stem.
11. Your finished flower should look similar to this!
12. Next grab oval pieces.
13. Curve them around the skewer as shown. I place my thumb on the leaf piece and then pull the skewer under it (like you curl ribbon).
14. With your skewer, go back in to each loop and fluff it out and down.
15. Adhere your leaf pieces on the stem.
These flowers would be great in a mixed bouquet and they look fabulous with a variety of colors and heights of the same flower! To get different heights, you can make your squares larger for the stem pieces or just trim some of them shorter!
Here is my finished bouquet!
Can you see that shimmer on the Curious Metallic Card Stock?
It is so gorgeous!
All the Curious Metallic Card Stocks are on Sale During March 2014!
No Coupon Necessary - Just click on the image below to start shopping!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!